Double Homicide Suspect Robinson Killed in Texas

In the late evening hours of Tuesday April 14, Portland Police Bureau Homicide detectives learned that 26-year-old Colby James Robinson, the suspect in the shooting on Friday evening that killed two people and critically injured a third, was shot and killed by Desoto (TX) Police in Dallas, Texas.

According to the Dallas Police Department, on Tuesday April 14, at approximately 9:29 p.m. (Dallas time), Desoto Police Department officers were involved in a vehicle pursuit involving Colby Robinson.

Desoto officers followed Robinson to Camp Wisdom and I-35 in Dallas, where he fled on foot to the 7000 block of Altaire Avenue. At this location, Desoto Police officers confronted Robinson and an officer-involved shooting occurred. Robinson was shot and pronounced deceased at the scene.

There was a female unrelated to this incident in a vehicle approximately one block South of the shooting, who appeared to have been injured as a result of the gunfire. She was transported to a local hospital in stable condition.

The officer-involved shooting incident is being investigated by the Dallas Police Department Special Investigations Unit (SIU). All inquiries regarding the shooting in Dallas are directed to the Dallas Police Department.

Earlier Tuesday afternoon, an arrest warrant for two counts of Aggravated Murder was been issued in Portland for Robinson’s arrest. Homicide detectives in Portland previously learned that Robinson was from the Dallas area and that he’d evaded capture by police earlier Tuesday morning in Desoto.

According to Portland Police Homicide detectives, there are no outstanding suspects in the Portland homicide investigation. Additional details about the homicide investigation are expected to be released within a few days.

This investigation started on April 10, 2015 at 10:02 p.m., when East Precinct officers responded to a residence on Southeast 85th Avenue, just North of Southeast Division Street on the report of a shooting.

Several officers arrived at the location and located three gunshot victims inside a residence. Two adult victims, 33-year-old Gary Dat Pham and 41-year-old Susie Pham (Sut-Leng Chang) were deceased. A third victim, 35-year-old Andrew Toan Pham, was transported to a Portland hospital with life-threatening injuries.

Officers located a 13-week-old baby girl in the residence and were able to take the child to safety. The infant was not harmed in the shooting and was placed in the care of her grandparents.

Andrew Pham remains in a Portland hospital in critical condition but is expected to survive.

The Oregon State Medical Examiner conducted autopsies on Sunday April 12 and determined that Gary Pham and Susie Pham died of gunshot wounds to the head.

Andrew Pham and Gary Pham, are brothers. The baby girl removed from the home is the child of Andrew and Susie Pham.

Detectives have learned that all three victims were involved in the medical marijuana industry but it has not been determined if this played a role in the shootings.

The family of shooting victims have offered the following statement regarding the shooting deaths of Susie and Gary, and the critical injuries suffered by Andrew:

“We would like to thank everyone for their sympathy and prayers. We ask that you pray for the third victim of this crime who is still fighting for life. While we are deeply grateful for the kind words we have received, we request that the family members’ privacy be respected as we grieve for our loved ones and try to deal with this terrible event.

“Words cannot express the grief and shock that we feel at such a senseless crime. We fully support law enforcement’s efforts to locate and arrest the perpetrator. We hope that he will be swiftly brought to justice so that he cannot inflict such pain on anyone else.”